Rocks and Boulders
Using natural stone as an addition to or an integral part your landscaping can be amazingly beautiful and long lasting. However, using rocks and boulders is also very unpredictable. Even with your best laid out plans, the actual rock used may not visually work. This is because every rock and boulder is unique just like a fingerprint. Their uniqueness also determines the final selection and placement in the landscaped area. Installing rocks and boulders is best left to a contractor or designer has a discerning eye and a lot of work experience.
Here are some things to keep in mind when purchasing rocks and boulders:
- Go local – purchasing locally will help keep the cost down
- Size – size matters. The biggest boulder doesn’t mean it will complement your landscape
- Placement – sometimes it takes a few tries to position the rock properly. The bigger the rock, the heavier it is.
- Shape – every boulder is different, so finding the right shape to complement the landscape and other rocks is important
- Grouping – just like nature, most rocks are typically in groups and so finding the right rocks to group together takes patience.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.